Friday, March 15, 2019

Wildflower Mix | Wild Bird Area


Wildflower Mix | Wild Bird Area #artscienceEARTH


In Spring 2019, I picked up some of this wildflower seed mix designed to attract hummingbirds and butterflies. This is a blog about planting in the Wild Bird Area.



One of the most enjoyable things about being outside is watching the birds. They have always been one of my favorite animals and being able to sit outside on the back porch and experience them is a privilege.

Today, I planted some Safflower Seeds. They were a gift that came with my Vera Lavender Seed that I ordered last year. I've been excited to plant them. Birds love their seeds and they are well prepared for drought-like conditions which is a HUGE bonus in these parts.

I've also laid out some of this Hummingbird and Butterfly Garden Wildflower Mix and put up a small fence as a reminder not to mow over it!

When I first started at this property, the backyard had been neglected intentionally. The cost of watering the lawn was too much for the previous owners so, the entire yard was a desert. Only a few of the hardiest weeds survived and the wind could pick up the dust very easily.

One of the first things I did was to put a birdbath in a shady area and a bird feeder. I can't really explain why but, I feel that life attracts life so, my hypothesis was that with the birds splashing around, pecking around the ground beneath the feeder and leaving droppings, the grass might also be encouraged.

That's another story...

So, under this Flowering Pear Tree, the grass has thrived and I figured that between the Safflower, the Wildflower Mix and whatever might grow from the left over Wild Bird Seed this could become a small sanctuary for birds and the like.

Stay Tuned!

Send Grow Vibes ðŸ’š
Josh | #artscienceEARTH


In Spring 2019, I picked up some of this wildflower seed mix  designed to attract hummingbirds and butterflies.

Pennington Seed Hummingbird and Butterfly Wildflower Mix #artscienceEARTH

This is a wildflower mix by Pennington Seed and it's a designed to attract hummingbirds and butterflies in my region. They supply different bags depending on which region you are buying in. If you're in the Western United States, you're probably going to find this bag at your local garden supply.



Social Media Links:
@artscience84 on Instagram
@artscience84 on Facebook
@artscience84 on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Happens When You Stick a Head of Garlic In Soil?

I had absolutely ZERO experience growing garlic when I planted last November. It's actually surprising, given that I will eat just ...